If you are interested in opportunities to work with us, please provide a resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Opportunities will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Hill Haven is committed to an inclusive workplace where all people are recognized for their ability to contribute to the development and enhancement of client-centred programs and services that support safer communities for all.
Intensive Case Manager
Part - Time / Permanent
Part-time hours: 24-30 per week
Salary: $32,448.00-$43,680.00 per year
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday dayshifts with rotating on-call requirements
Ability to commute/relocate to Cochrane, AB
Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
The Big Hill Haven Intensive Case Manager develops supportive, non-judgmental, strength-based relationships with individuals experiencing family violence. Clients are provided education and information about family violence, including risk assessment, safety planning, advocacy, support, referrals, and connection to community resources to support a life free from violence.
You are responsible for:
1. Delivery of programs and services using a trauma-informed, client-centered, strength-based approach consistent with Big Hill Haven’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
2. Educating survivors on risk and supporting them with safety plans for themselves and their families.
3. Providing support and advocacy.
4. Providing strong case management, including:
• Assessing risk
• Completing safety plans
• Supporting clients in identifying and attaining goals.
5. Attending and participating in team meetings and community collaborations and partnership meetings.
6. Maintaining accurate documentation and data collection.
7. Providing court support to clients including but not limited to parenting orders, EPO applications, and Restraining Order applications.
8. Providing ongoing family violence education and support.
9. Completing/maintaining administrative records as required, including but not limited to evaluation forms, grievances, and incident reports.
10. Ability to work across program areas to support the best client experience possible.
11. Ability to work in a face-paced, team environment.
12. Ability to work in high-stress situations.
What you bring:
- Post-secondary education in an applicable discipline is required, and preference is given to registered Social Workers.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of domestic violence and its impact on individuals and families is required.
- Ability to work independently is required.
- Ability to interact respectfully and appropriately with diverse groups of people is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Willing to attend, participate and integrate ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite and Outlook and Sharepoint.
- Ability to adhere to Big Hill Haven policies and procedures.
- Ability to comply with the Freedom of Information Act.
- Non-judgmental and accepting attitude.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Collaborative team player.
- Ability to work constructively with feedback to continually improve the efficacy of programs and services.
- Confident and consistent decision-making skills.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the demands of the position and needs of the organization.
- Ability to be an effective problem solver.
- Valid driver's license
- Possession or ability to obtain:
• CPR/First Aid Certificate
• Criminal Record Check
• Child Intervention Check